Emmanuel is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Department. He has experience in Arbitration, Commercial Litigation, Constitutional & Administrative Law, Employment & Pensions, as well as Environment & Land. He advises corporates in the manufacturing, telecoms, logistics, freight and airline sectors and acts for government agencies and private clients.
Emmanuel engages with clients on legal risk mitigation and provides training on emerging legal issues and has collaborated with the Kenya Association of Manufacturers providing insights on contract manufacturing. He writes and trains on emerging areas of law.
- Representing a Retirement Benefits Scheme in a dispute as to the redirection of
pension contributions to a competing scheme.
- Successfully representing a multinational developer before the High Court in the
enforcement of Performance Bonds issued to secure the performance of terms
by a contractor arising from an English law governed Engineering Procurement
- Extensive experience in handling claims against telecommunication companies
arising from consumer protection claims, data breaches and fraud.
- Representing parties in boundary and compulsory acquisition claims against the
Government of Kenya and private parties in the Environment and Land Court
asserting constitutional rights to property.
- Representing employers: state and non-state actors before the Employment and
Labor Relations Court in defending claims by employees, trade unions, asserting
protections conferred by the Immunities and Privileges Act.
- Representing entities in enforcing and in setting aside domestic and international
(New York Convention) awards.
Trainings and Publications
- Contract Manufacturing – Kenya Association of Manufacturers.
- Estate Planning – Private Client Trainings.
- Chambers and Partners ‘Cybersecurity 2021’ Global Practice Guide.
Education & Memberships
Emmanuel holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree from Moi University and a Post-Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law. He is currently pursuing a master’s degree in International Financial Law and Regulations at Strathmore University.
He is a member of the Law Society of Kenya and East Africa Law Society.