Hazel is inspired by creativity and is always looking for a better way to do things. This has made her a natural fit for her practice where she specializes in trademark, patent and design protection as well as anti-counterfeit actions.
Hazel is the Lead Counsel in the Intellectual and Anti-counterfeiting Department at GVA. She understands the technical intricacies required when negotiating the intellectual property facets of commercial transactions.
- Advised on the protection of trademarks, patents, designs and copyrights in various jurisdictions.
- Drafted numerous license and franchise agreements.
- Represented international brands in opposition proceedings and other intellectual property disputes.
- Currently involved in combating counterfeit goods on E-commerce platforms.
- Training of judges in Intellectual Property disputes.
Education & Memberships
She holds an LLB from the University of Nairobi and a diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is a member of the Law Society of Kenya and the International Trademark Association where she sits on the Middle East and Africa Sub-committee on Anti-counterfeiting and the Global Project Team on Online Counterfeiting.
Hazel is an avid reader with a bias towards contemporary fiction and poetry. She also likes indoor gardening, docuseries, theatre and travel.