Owing to the vibrant growth in the construction, real estate and commercial sectors, dispute resolution in Kenya has progressively shifted to more non-adversarial methods for purpose of seeking efficient redress while saving on time and cost.
GVA’s Dispute Resolution and Litigation Department is anchored in innovative approach to dispute resolution that guarantees integrity, efficiency and effectiveness to our clients while mitigating foreseeable risks.
We have a strong team of advocates in the department possess the requisite professional qualification and experience necessary to effectively represent our clients in Litigation and/or Alternative Dispute Resolution including Mediation, Arbitration or Conciliation proceedings.
Both multinational and local Blue-Chip companies, as well as the Government of Kenya and State Corporations, have retained our Dispute Resolution and Litigation Department in high profile cases.
The department has specialty in the following matters:
- Election and Constitutional petitions,
- Labour and Employment disputes,
- Commercial and Contractual disputes,
- Intellectual Property disputes,
- Pensions and Provident funds disputes,
- Public law litigations,
- Real Estate and Construction litigation
- Restructuring and insolvency proceedings.
- Procurement disputes
As part of our Corporate Social Responsibility service, we also offer pro-bono services in merited cases.
- We are representing one of the biggest mobile phone and accessories manufacturers in China in an intellectual property rights (trademark) disputes on their phones handsets and accessories worth more than USD 200 Million.
- We acted for various Provident and Pension Funds Schemes in various disputes, including enforcement of their statutory rights, recoveries of funds due from contributors to the schemes valued at over Kshs. 800 Million
- We act for various manufacturing companies in various civil disputes including land ownership, constructions related disputes, supply of materials and equipment’s, Debt recoveries, etc.
- We act for various multi-national banks and corporates in various matters including, debt recoveries, security realization in mortgages and charges contracts, employment and labour disputes, joint ventures, etc.
- We are presently handling an arbitration involving construction and sale of developed Maisonettes worth in excess of Kshs. 200 Million.
- We are also acting for various clients (creditors) in various winding-up petitions and also in bankruptcy proceedings.
- We also offer specialized trainings to our corporate clients on need basis upon request.