- Project development
- Project financing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Technology licensing
- Environmental permits
We represent foreign utility/energy companies in their power plant investments in Kenya, as well as Kenyan developers, energy companies in their joint ventures or partnerships with international companies (renewable power projects, thermal power projects, geothermal power projects etc.). We offer the full gamut of legal advisory services for upstream, midstream and downstream components of oil and gas. Our advisory services in the renewable energy segment include hydro, wind power, solar, geothermal, waste-to-energy transactions. The transactions range from mergers and acquisitions, including asset and stock acquisitions, to joint venture or strategic partnership transactions. These transactions involve complex structuring ranging from long term supply agreements, EPC contracts to technology transfer agreements. We are well-versed with the interdependencies between various aspects of complex projects and their effects on the structure and operation of the business venture. Our lawyers bring their in-depth industry knowledge in mitigating various legal and regulatory risks involved in such complex transactions to provide our clients with the best possible legal advice.
Should clients become involved in a dispute, appeal arbitration, or regulatory inquiry, GVA has a wealth of experience in navigating these proceedings and resolving the legal issue with minimal impact to business proceedings. In addition, we offer pre-litigation advice and counseling in relation to contracts, and counsel on compliance obligations under regulatory law.
Public Procurement, PPPs & PFIs
GVA provides Legal assistance and representation as follows:
- General legal consultancy on the interpretation and enforcement of the public procurement and PPP legislation;
- Analyzing tender documentations and identifying possible breaches of legal provisions;
- Drafting requests for clarification;
- Drafting challenges and complaints in accordance with the public procurement and PPP legislation;
- Legal assistance in relation to the preparation of tender documents;
- Legal assistance with the drawing up of technical and financial tenders;
- Drafting consortium and/or subcontracting agreements, as well as legal assistance for the negotiation, conclusion and execution of these agreements;
- Drafting proposals for revising the public procurement contracts proposed by the contracting authorities within the tender documentation; and
- Legal assistance on the negotiation, conclusion and execution of public procurement and PPP contracts.
- Contractual Negotiations and Representation on behalf of local power company in a wind energy project valued at 80 Million dollars