Joy is an associate in the Dispute Resolution Department. Her primary areas of practice include Civil and Commercial Litigation, Debt Recovery, Employment Law, Estate Planning, Insolvency, Insurance, and Professional Negligence Law.
She has advised various multi-national as well as local entities on a wide range of legal areas. She has represented clients at arbitral and quasi tribunals, courts including the Court of Appeal and court mandated mediation.
- Extensive experience in insurance claims acting for insured, insurers, re-insurers
in enforcement of terms, repudiation, and subrogation claims.
- Representing parties in construction (FIDIC), enforcement of arbitral awards and
tax disputes before the Commercial Division of the High Court.
- Representing corporate entities in dealings with the Labor Office, negotiating
collective bargaining agreements and litigating against trade unions in the aviation
- Representing companies and individuals in employment and labor claims before
the Employment and Labor Courts.
- Acting for the financial services sector in debt collection and structuring, settlement
negotiations, and litigating.
- Acting for parties in professional negligence claims before professional tribunals.
Trainings and Publications
- Employment Law – conducting disciplinary hearings, employee appraisals,
procurement, termination of employee’s contracts of employment, and the various
types of leave.
- Treating Customers Fairly (TCF).
- A review of the 2021 Business Laws Amendment Act.
What clients say about her…
- Her turnaround time and responsiveness to client queries is very good.
Education & Memberships
Joy holds a Bachelor of Laws (Honors) degree from Catholic University of Eastern Africa and a Post Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is a member of the Law Society of Kenya and the East African Law Society and additionally, serves as a Committee Member in the Family Court Division Bar-Bench Committee of the Law Society.