Our advocates provide sound legal advice on all employment law issues, whether litigious or non-litigious. We also work with companies and corporations to create tailor-made contracts, policies and HR procedures for their employees. We have advised on matters ranging from redundancy issues, to corporate governance, disciplinary and grievance issues.
We act mainly for employers including large public and private companies, SMEs and Non-profit entities. Our team is well versed with the retirement benefits legislation and has advised several pension schemes, administrators and scheme insolvency practitioners on various aspects of the law under the Retirement Benefits Act. We review trust deeds and rules for schemes as well as contracts for the various service providers.
The Firm is currently also on the panel of advocates for the regulatory body in the industry, the Retirement Benefits Authority, where we have represented the Authority on various civil actions before the Retirement Benefits Tribunal and the High Court.
- Advised various multinational companies setting up in the country, on Kenyan employment related issues involving consultancy, employees’ status and drafting human resource policy document.
- Reviewed an Insurance Policy Agreement for a fully guaranteed local provident fund of a leading communications and IT services company.
- Provided legal advisory work and review of various service provider contracts for a pension administrator of a scheme, of a leading electric power generation company in Kenya.
- Reviewed a Trust Deed and Rules for a defined benefits scheme of a state learning center in Kenya.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising the sponsors on their schemes’ trust deed and rules and giving legal advisory on retirement benefits related issues for several corporate entities including public entities, and listed companies.
- Winding up of a provident fund for the staff of a Kenyan Power Company following the transition of all employees to the pension scheme.
- Reviewed a trust deed and rules for the pension scheme of an international telecommunication company with a presence in several countries across the globe including Kenya.