Stella Musembi Ojango was your extra curricula kind of student until she discovered that fun and good grades were mutually exclusive. She then developed a system of studying that saw her make it to law school. Stella believes in systems and the stability they bring.
Stella is a partner at GVA with a distinguished track record in delivering advice on real estate projects. This includes advice on property acquisition, obtaining requisite approvals, securing development financing, preparation of contract documents, registration, and handover of developments. She also advises financial institutions on risk management, corporate governance and legal compliance. She has expertise in Real Estate practice, Intellectual Property, Pension law and Kenyan Cyber Security law and has advised lead banking and corporate institutions on legal measures that should be put in place to secure their cyber environment.
- Advised various multinational companies setting up in the country, on Kenyan employment related issues involving consultancy, employees’ status and drafting human resource policy document.
- Reviewed an Insurance Policy Agreement for a fully guaranteed local provident fund of a leading Communications and IT services company.
- Provided legal advisory work and review of various service provider contracts for a pension administrator of a scheme, of a leading electric power generation company in Kenya.
- Reviewed a Trust Deed and Rules for a defined benefits scheme of a state learning center in Kenya.
- Drafting, reviewing and advising the sponsors on their schemes’ Trust Deed and Rules and giving legal advisory on Retirement Benefits related issues for several corporate entities including public entities, and listed companies.
- Winding up of a Provident Fund for the staff of a Kenyan Power Company following the transition of all employees to the Pension Scheme.
- Reviewed a Trust Deed and Rules for pension scheme of an international telecommunication company with a presence in several countries across the globe including Kenya.
- Providing ongoing legal advisor and support to various pension schemes and their respective Trustees.
- Acted for various Real estate developers in the, financing, structuring, sale and transfer of developments valued at over Ten Million Dollars.
- Registered trademarks, industrial designs, copyrights, and patents for domestic and multi-national companies.
Education & Memberships
Stella has a Bachelor of Law degree from Moi University and a diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in Environmental law. She is a member of the Law Society of Kenya and sits on the board of Mission Campaign Network, a Christian-based.
Stella is passionate about the environment. She loves the outdoors and has climbed Mt. Longonot and Mt. Kenya two times. The discipline of systems; running to prepare one’s body, exercising and keeping to the track, are a translation of the same in her work life. Just like one acclimatizes to the mountain gradually, she abhors quick fixes or microwave solutions. She loves reading, especially motivational books and in her spare time she visits children’s homes for the orphaned.