In the Intellectual Property Law and Anti-Counterfeiting Department, we work with corporations, small and medium-sized enterprises as well as individuals with varying intellectual property portfolios to manage and protect their assets in multiple jurisdictions.
Our full scope of intellectual property services include:
- Intellectual property advisory on the registrability and registration of intellectual property rights in Kenya.
- Registration of patents, trademarks and industrial designs in various jurisdictions with our partner law firms.
- Filing oppositions and replies before the Registrar of Trademarks at the Kenya Industrial Property Institute.
- Anti-counterfeit applications and seizures with the Kenya Anti-Counterfeit Authority.
- Intellectual Property Litigation before the High Court and the Court of Appeal.
- Represented one of the biggest mobile phone and accessories manufacturers in China in an Intellectual Property Rights (Trademark) dispute on their phones, handsets and accessories worth more than Two Hundred Million Dollars.
- Acted for an established property development company in Kenya, which is a subsidiary of a Chinese State Corporation, in the registration of its various trademarks in Kenya.
- Instructed by leading law firms within the larger African region in the filing of renewals, assignments and registration of trademarks within East Africa on behalf of their multinational clients.
- Advised various corporations in the Middle East region on the availability for registration of various trademarks as well as undertaking registration of trademarks on their behalf.
- We act for several multinationals with respect to the protection of their Intellectual Property Rights in Kenya and the rest of Africa through our strategic partners.